Re: [Harp-L] Re: Israeli and Jewish Music

BTW Marvin,

Jason is pretty figgin' good!

Gary Popenoe

On Apr 24, 2008, at 2:13 PM, Jason Rosenblatt <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Marvin,

You can check out some of my music at http://www.cdbaby.com. My group Shtreiml performs Eastern European Jewish music featuring the diatonic harmonica. I do perform Israeli music in addition to jazz, bluegrass, blues, Turkish etc. but I don't really have any good recorded examples.

This may also be a good time to plug my harmonica course and workshop which I've been teaching for the past 5 years at KlezKanada (http://www.klezkanada.com)Topics covered include playing the different klezmer modes, improvising in Jewish music and achieving chromatisism (bends, overbends etc.) on the diatonic harmonica. Through the playing of musical examples and klezmer melodies it is hoped that participants, from beginners through advanced, will achieve a greater understanding of the harmonica's capabilities.

Thanks,

Jason Rosenblatt
http://www.myspace.com/shtreiml