[Harp-L] Re: play hard/ have fun

Actually (and my talent is profoundly impoverished relative to Jason R) Brad Harrison has been building harps for me in acceptance of my hard playing. Far be it from me to argue with Olympians (hyperbole, not sarcasm) as I don't disagree with them about a lighter touch and longevity. I just can't help it: when I'm active musically on an emotional plane I play hard. I've been looking for a customizer to accept that and work with me for a while. In many ways it's some of the people I've been playing with: Loud. and in many ways it's because I picked it up on the streets of the Bronx: self taught-limited repertoire-but strong effusive notes. The biggest limitation of hard playing for me is reed paralysis-mid crescendo. So I'm working with a customizer(s) to decrease that probability. At least until I go back to harp school. d
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues