RE: [Harp-L] Little Wing

Hi,
First, figure out which iteration of the song you like as there are... Among
the ones I know... The Hendrix version, the SRV version,the Derek And The
Dominos version and the Sting version.
As I imprinted on the Derek and the Dominos version first, I always think of
the song as being in a-439-ish

Don't worry about the 439-ish part unless you're ever trying to play along
with the recording, but the chords are (unforgivably) roughly...
F-sharp...2...3...4...
A-major...2...3...4...
B-minor...2...3...4
F-sharp-minor...2...3...4...
C-sharp-minor...2...3...4...
B-minor...2...
D-major...2...
A-major...2...
G-major...2..
D-major...2...
E-major...2...3...
F-sharp-minor.D-major-e-major...2...3...4
At which the whole thing starts all over again.
The last line... With the f-sharp d-major thing... Were it properly
notated... Would have those chords as eighth note rhythm values.
If you played this one on a diatonic, (and I'm not committing to that as a
possibility as I've never tried it...) you'd maybe start with a d harp with
lots of bends in second position.
The hurdle here is that during the stop-over in B minor, you'd be doing be
bending the 3-draw down from c-sharp to b a lot, and, unless you're a lot
cleaner with that than say... I am, you might be adversely affecting the
success of the carnival.

Another possibility might be trying to play the song with an a harp, but as
I try to imagine that one, I begin to hope someone will actually give you
what you asked for... The canonical tab, because you'd be getting a
"western" sound from the a harp (as I'm imagining it) which might not quite
fit well with the song.
Consider all my observations about which harp iffy, because I'm doing this
without a harmonica in my hand under the influence of weak coffee-gone-cold.
But those chords I'm pretty certain are right and that might indeed get you
started.
Good luck,
Brad Trainham