[Harp-L] Re: Home recording

Joseph,
If you have learned on the forums that you'd be able to record to disk under Windows XP, I suggest you create a duel-boot system with XP as your other boot partition. There are zillions of websites out there now that'll show you how to do that. If you have an old XP disk this is a snap.

In any case, to use a hardware interface routed into your computer is a legitimate solution, but recording to casette or CD makes absolutely no sense.

With a casette you'll lose all the great quality you'll get from recording digitally, and with a CD you will not be able to fix mistakes.

There HAS to be a way to use your system to record to your hard drive. Nobody ever uses a casette machine as their main recording medium in digital recording, and I'm sure that the company that makes your hardware device did not intend it for that use. The standard everywhere is recording to hard drive. I'd contact the company and ask them if there is a Vista issue, and if using XP would change things.

The compatibility issues with Vista are simply horrible, especially where hardware is concerned.