[Harp-L] Re: Bends harmonicas

From: "Jeffrey Spoor"

I hear they're pretty good.......I contacted them from their website......they're a new company and have no immediate plans to ship outside of Brazil.......... Here's their reply to my inquiry:

Hi Jeffrey.

Hi there,
I got a Bends harp model Juke in the key of G last month during a harmonica festival in Sao Paulo and I have to tell that the tone is great, made of quality materials, it has a wooden comb very well varnished (so for me that I use primarily tongue block is great as the wood keeps its shape) and has very great seal between the plates. The plates are similar to a Marin Band but with a wider opening on the back (a la filisko), so it's quite loud. It came also with and attractive and very cool carrying pouch. The owner and all the sponsored players I saw are awesome players so they have the greatest technical support from the players point of view, which is a good sign.
Now I have some not so good comments, the harp is quite expensive even bought locally directly from the manufacturers (85 Reals which is about 50 bucks), also somehow two of the screws that attach the plates got lose, I felt a rattling noise and I found out that... I travel a lot but it's the first time I see something like that, still the harp kept a good seal.
My humble opinion is that we wait a little bit so the prices get lower and and probably the quality control gets better, meanwhile for the price I'd by the Marine Band Deluxe or just keep buying Spcial 20 and Golden Melodies ;)
cheers,
Javier aka Diabluz

ps. By the way, is anybody I know in face book? would be great to keep a closer contact so please if you do follow this link:
http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=713047359&k=Z4D3X2Q4R54M511FTEW2PV&r&v=2