[Harp-L] Custom Harps--are they worth it?

This discussion about "reworked" and "tweaked" harps has been extremely intriguing and helpful to me making my decision to take the plunge and buy a couple of these thangs.
Let me just add that I have the utmost respect and admiration for all of you cats out there who are doing the work on the harps so that cats like me can have a fine quality instrument with which to ply our craft.
I've spent the last couple of days and nights searching and exploring alot of the pro builder's sites.  It's obvious that some of you folks on the list have your favorite builders and J.Compton says that when I get a "specialized" harp, I'll most likely never go back to out-of-the-box harps.
And..................I was surprized that there are actually more than just a few folks doing this kind of work.  I'm sure that it must be a tedious and painstaking act of love and satisfaction when the finished product turns out the way it's supposed to.   Being a carpenter as well as a harp player , I can appreciate and value of that kind of workwanship and time.
So.................Thanks to all of you who have contributed to this conversation and making this group such a cool part of my continuing harp education.
Mike "Wezo" Wesolowski
www.bluesworldorder.com
www.myspace.com/harpwezo