From: Frank Evers <frank@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 7:19:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas - Worth It?/stainless reeds

Dave, Ben,

Am Mittwoch, 16. April 2008 schrieb ben bouman:
> Yes, I'm also interested in these reports.

both of you are subscribed to the german Jack Black forums, searching
there will reveal some of the reports.
I have heard of broken reeds on 1847 harps in private email or on
phone from other players. Most interesting about it seems to be that
reed failture happens amaisingly often in the upper octave.
I don't have personal contact with that many players though, and all
together in different forums, lists and private contacts there might
be 8-10 reports of SS broken reeds i know of.
I can't say if thats much after all or probably not much at all, but
in fact they do break.

Besides that, i second Ben, that the SS reed harps don't sound harsh,
they bend very softly and the 1847 overblows very easily too. I don't
like the cover plates and i'm not really happy with the comb (i'd
prefer the one used for the Big Six for the 1847, too), but thats
just a matter of personal taste.

--
Gruß,Frank