[Harp-L] book: What is Music?

i stumbled across this site today, which explores one person's theory about music and how/why it appeals to us:

http://whatismusic.info/

there is a book you can download for free, articles, etc.

i haven't read any of it yet. might be brilliant, might be BS, dunno. i am not looking to debate it, nd i don't know that harp-l is the right place for such a debate anyway. but i thought it might be interesting to some of you out there.

-- Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me. I'm a blues man. I am a prisoner of hope. I'm going to die full of hope. - Cornel West