Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harrison custom Harmonicas reply

On Apr 14, 2008, at 10:39 PM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

I really appreciate your response, Jim. For certain I agree with your take
on "never meeting a customizer you didn't like" because one thing I know for
certain: no harp customizer ever gets rich doing this for a living. It's
precise craftsman work.

Elizabeth, the problem with ANY harp mystic, you run into the situation where if a player plays well it's because he is a genius. And if the player digs more clams than Far Rockaway, it's because of your lousy harps.
Considering how much time is involved, these guys are working for coolie wages. It's like doing renovations on an old house. You can sometimes get away with a few hours to do a certain job, and then you can get into a fiasco, and spend days.
If I hadn't done my own stuff when I was young, I would never do it today. Saint worth it.
smo-joe