To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] patents

Jonathan Ross wrote:
Actually, [patent pending] offers no protection.
<snip>
It just means an application has been filed.

Well, there's a little more to it than that. In the event that someone else attempts to patent the same (or a demonstrably similar) thing, the patent application provides evidence of prior invention.

-tim