[Harp-L] Re: Masco MA-17N

Hey Rick, thanks for the answer. I also thought of the Weber Sigs, but I'd like some higher wattage speakers. My idea is to have three inputs in the cab, one for each speaker separately, and another for both linked in series, plus the availability of plugging both separate speakers to the two amp outputs and link them in parallel. It's cool to have a multiimpedance amp! I'll probably try the Beam Blockers, yep, or a similar DIY solution. One question: open or closed back cab? I think open should work better, but haven't made any comparison.

Thanks again!

David

-----
http://www.myspace.com/davidgarciabluesharp
http://www.myspace.com/theblindlemons

------------------------------ Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:24:52 -0600 From: Special20 <special20harp@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Masco MA-17N To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <ec4bd69f0804140824kd3bec69w8129a581034f5c86@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

David-

I have the Masco ME-18. I use an Avatar 2x10 cab loaded with a Weber
Sig 10 ceramic (smooth cone) and a Jensen Mod ceramic (ribbed cone).
It sounds fantastic. I think your plan for the Weber 10A125-O (which
I use in my hot-rodded SF Champ) and the Eminence Legend is good, if a
bit costly. I've found that low-power, less-expensive, mismatched
drivers sound best in multi-speaker cabs for blues harp.

Also, I strongly suggest you consider the Weber Beam Blocker diffusers
in your 2x10 cab. I use them and I am a true believer in thier
benefits for harp amps.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps blog: http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/