From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ken Deifik
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:39 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] H2 Observation

Apropos of someone asking about transferring files directly from the H2.  I
may have imagined this, but I've imagined worse.

I've been using a card reader all week to transfer files from my SD card to
my XP computer.  160 Mb of files took a few seconds, as it should, using
USB2.

As an experiment, I just connected the H2 directly to the computer, and I
found the process comparatively clunky and slow as heck.  First, you have to
select whether you're going to be using it as a drive or as an audio device.
Fair enough, that's a feature, not a bug.  It's no more clunky than taking
the card out and putting into a reader, I guess.

But 89 Mb took nearly a minute to transfer.

As a geek, a few seconds vs. nearly 60 is annoying.  But if one were
transferring a really large bunch of bits, even blase harmonica players
would become annoyed at the time diff.