Re: [Harp-L] Eb Moll Harmonica

Eric -

 Gb is the same note as F#. The note in between F and G can be called Gb (G made lower) or F# (F made higher).

 G# and Ab are the same also, for the same reason.

 D is correct for some types of minor scale.

 If your minor harp is Eb minor and Eb is a blow note, then this is probably the harmonic minor scale:

 Eb  F Gb Ab Bb Cb D Eb

 Note that Eb=D#, Gb=F#, Ab=G#, Cb=B-natural,

 If you want to play this harp in Bb natural minor, you can bend the D in Draw 3 down to Db, but not the D in Draw 7.

 But you still have one wrong note for the Bb natural minor scale. In Hole 6 Draw and Hole 10 Draw you will have Cb (B) which you don't want for Bb minor. You would need to tune the D notes down to Db and the Cb notes up to C.

 Winslow

Eric Schaller <emiesterschal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Mine name is Eric and I am a Harp-l lurker, I have lurked for 1 year, the more I lurk, the more I learn, The more I learn ,the more I need to learn, the place I learn is here, the more I learn the more I need to know, Thank you all for expanding my Knowledge.
  I bought a Eb harp with the Idea of Learning "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck. It had moll written on the outside. I know that moll is a minor tuning by Hohner, Layout is differant for Moll tunings, went to Harp Referance and looked up Harp Layout for , 2nd position natural minor Bb, on an Eb Moll harp, layout says # 2,5,and 6 blow is Gb, on my harp they are F#, the 3 draw is a Db, mine is D, the 5 Draw is an Ab, mine is G# , then layout goes C, Db, F, Ab, C, my harp goes B ,D, F, G#, B,
  I use a Chomatic tuner for my harps, Still learning how to tune, Is This harp out of tune?, I spent and hour inputting differant keys and tunings and positions, trying to figure this out, I now appeal to a Higher Power.
   Thanks, No longer lurking but still learning Eric Schaller