[Harp-L] RE: Overblowing newbie

> what am I doing wrong? Can it really be this hard?
> Can you advise, Winslow? Anyone?

> Glenn Weiser

Hi Glen, I am in very much the same position as you; No slouch on blues harp
but learning to overblow. I put a clip on YouTube soliciting help yesterday
and last night tried once again. And I got a clear note!! That's right I am
an Overblowing Monster!!!! Before you know it I will be playing "Sweet
Georgia Brown" and Stuff. I can thoroughly recommend embarrassing yourself
on YT as motivation. But the real story is 1. Harp setup 2. Don't force it
(overblow is just a name for the technique) 3. Keep trying (after all it
took me a couple of years to get normal bending).

If you want to see me embarrassed then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7ab1Ph221E

Regards Chris Canning