[Harp-L] Question for harp teachers... payment

The late great Dave McKelvy was kind enough to provide me with a couple 1-on-1 "lessons" back in (I think) 2003 or 2004, he only wanted $40 for each hour, and I expect Boulevard Music got a small piece of that.  Pretty amazing for such a world-class talent, brilliant teacher and all-around nice fellow.  I would have paid twice that, and I ain't much for harp lessons in the first place.

I learned alot in those two lessons, but I'd trade that and more to spend some time just hangin' with Dave McKelvy again.  What a gent!

-Dave Fertig
From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Question for harp teachers... payment
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 22:59:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

 Alright, I just agreed to accept the loan of a tiller (so I could till me up a garden) in lieu of $$$ for a harmonica lesson. Last year, I took a tanned deer hide in lieu of $$$. In both cases, the students were among my friends or a close relative. I'm trying to stop short of the point where students show up with chickens and goats under their arms, but I'm wandering what other harmonica teachers have accepted for payment.

Dave