Re: [Harp-L] Overblowing newbie

Am Sonntag, 6. April 2008 schrieb Glenn Weiser:
> Speaking as a supplicant with folded hands, my question to the OB
> gurus is: what am I doing wrong? Can it really be this hard?

First of all, gap your Marine Band pretty close. This will help
enormously.

Then, yes, it is that hard, right as hard as when you were starting to
play ordinary bends and probably even worse, since you additionally
have to control the overblow or you will lose it again and also that
squealing hurts...

But as you learn to control the OB it will be easier and easier and
you'll be able to play it effortlessly and also bend it, etc. It's
just a matter of time and practice.
But first of all, regap your Marine Band!

--
Gruß,Frank