From: Ken Deifik <kenneth.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 5, 2008 2:39:50 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Nicknames

Dan wrote:
>That's true Bill.  Even I go by the handle Dapper Dan the Axeman those
>names were given to me.  I didn't make them up.  I got the Dapper Dan from
>a college friend and the Axeman I got from a friend here in Columbus.

Phillip Roth described one of his characters as not so much striving to
make a name for himself as trying to make a nickname for himself.

I was given the name KDogg by an LA gangsta who took a liking to me, just
before he went off on a three year vacation sponsored by the state.  I kept
it because I liked the provenance.

But then I found out that someone else on Harp-l had the nickname KDogg,
and I ceded it to him for use on Harp-l.

Is that guy still participating, or can I take my nickname back?

Ken