Re: [Harp-L] Jam Tracks

Hi Sam
For a long time I was fustrated by the lack of Blues backing CDs.
I'd made a couple for myself using Band In A Box, but as good as the
software is, the Blues styles completely lack any kind of swing, or
feel, unlike many of the other styles (taking into account it's MIDI and
generated by a computer program).
I eventually took some of the 3 chorus backing tracks provided in Jerry
Portnoy's Masterclass, looped them for more choruses, and retuned some
of them - I own Masterclass, and used this strictly for my personal
practice.   However after 2 years, I wanted something else.

Well, Coast to Coast Music sell some very cool backing CDs,
the two I purchased were:
"Blues & Rock Lets Jam!"
http://tinyurl.com/2qy6ry
and "Jazz & Blues Lets Jam!"
http://tinyurl.com/2mk4lq

For about US$10 each, they're a very good small investment.
If you've got a computer with CD player and sound card, and are so
inclined: there are programs that can play CDs, transpose the song, and
change it's speed, as well as loop any portion of any track - which will
give you even more variety.
Cheers,
-- G.