[Harp-L] Primich Gone

Hi,

I've been reading many of the posts here about the
passing of Gary Primich and have gone to You-Tube
and seen many of the fine performances and
remembrances posted there. Powerful stuff.

It strikes me now just how many people out here
have been affected by his tremendous playing and
generous attitude. I doubt he had any idea how well
loved he really was.

I only met Gary a couple of times when he was in
Denver for SPAH a couple years ago. He struck me as
this totally regular guy; but there was this
awe-inspiring musicality that just burst out of him
onstage. I am fortunate to have had even one chance
to let some of that wash over me.

Of course, I own several of his CDs and am still
trying (failing) to play Caravan with half as much
Elan and heartfelt swing as he did on "Travelin'
Mood". Hooboy... the man could swing.

The harmonica community has suffered another
serious blow with his passing. Peace and
condolences to Gary's family and to his many close
friends. He will be sorely missed.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.