[Harp-L] In Praise Of Stevie/The Magician, not the Wand

Hello Harp-l

I agree with what Elizabeth has to say and find this to be my experience as
well:

"I didn't know there was such a thing as a difference between diatonics and
chromatics. They were all
mouth-organs (in Scotland, anyway).  I only learned/heard about the huge
cultural divide after joining Harp-l in 2004, later Slidemeister...and
would have been blissfully unaware that some see them as different
instruments  altogether had I not joined this community."

I have recently set up a MySpace page, but was unsure as to where to make
harmonica players aware of it. Harp-l or Slidemeister, since I play both
diatonic and chromatic, often in the same songs. I think harmonicas are
harmonicas, like altos, baritones, tenors, and sopranos are all saxophones.
If you'd like to hear me having fun, the url is

 <http:///www.myspace.com/stevemerola>

All critiques are welcome.

Oh yes....Stevie Wonder is truely amazing. I've heard him warming up...and
he plays ALOT more than R&B on the chromatic harp!

Peace
Steve Merola