Re: [Harp-L] In Praise Of Stevie

--- Rick Dempster <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>
> Mentioning the 3rd position blues players here is irrelevant, as they
> are not using  'the machinery', if you see my point.

If by "the machinery" you mean the slide, or perhaps playing in other
than open D or Eb dorian, listen again, svp. Many of the players I
mentioned use the slide and play in a variety of additional positions,
including G, C, F, Ab, and Db positions; Little Walter even recorded a
tune in B using a C chromatic (Muddy's "My Eyes Keep Me in Trouble").
The blues chromatic *sound* is not limited to slideless chordal third
position.

Winslow

http://sims.yahoo.com/