Subject: [Harp-L] The Magician, not the Wand

Chris:

Couldn't agree more...among today's chromatic players, the 'norm' is for
feeling and emotion.....just look at SmoJoe's YouTube videos (among so many
other fabulous chromatic players, including yourself!) and not the oldstyle
'mechanical' style of playing, and it truly is dependent on who's behind  the axe.
Actually you prove that with your playing of "Pass the Test  of Time"...a
gorgeously played chromatic piece of music on your own MySpace  page.  Beautiful!

I've sent you Offlist a link that might work for Stevie & Toots.

Just played Happy Birthday on my CX-12 really easily beginning on 3  blow, no
button/slide needed, same as on 6 blow on diatonic..    ;)   except Bryan did
say he wanted to play it with "more  difficulty" to practice his bends.  I
can't bend well enough yet, so just  play it straight.  Story of my life.

Elizabeth

Message: 10
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 12:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: chris  smith <harpshredder@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Rick,  I have to say  it's not the axe, it's
what you do with it. There are Mexican" Ranchero"  tuba
players that are amazing.
Roger, I believe your story  and wish I could've
been there.
Is there anyone who knows how to view the  Stevie/
Toots video of "Bluesette" ? I tried  Youtube
unsuccessfully.
Bryan, I don't know why you're  starting "Happy
Birthday" on 2 hole draw bend. Just play it in 2nd
pos.  starting on 2nd hole draw unbent and the only
bend is the 2nd degree or 3  hole draw bent a whole
step.

Chris

Chris "Hammer"  Smith
Hammer Smith Band