Re: [Harp-L] playing direct to PA

" Amplification can make the strong harmonica player sound better, but
only makes the weak player louder."

Daniel;
            A 'pithy aphorism' if I ever heard one. I might start my
'harmonica player's desk calender-thought-for-the-day' with that one
Cheers,
RD

>>> Daniel Gage <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 26/09/2007 3:23 >>>
Dear List,

  My interpretation of Kenji's post is that if we have the
fundamentals, we can live without the gear.  Not saying gear is bad, by
any means.

   Without getting into the gearheads vs. non-gearheads debate, my
"end-of-the-day-even-though-I-like-gear" personal gear philosophy can be
boiled down to the following statement.

  Amplification can make the strong harmonica player sound better, but
only makes the weak player louder.

  Dan G.

Leonardo Kenji Shikida <shikida@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have this strange feeling that the less pedals and effects you are
using, better must be your harp natural sound, forcing us all to be
better harp players

not advocating to always use PA. this is just some sort of a strange
feeling I have

thanks for sharing your experience

sorry for the Engrish ;-)

best regards