[Harp-L] RIP Gary Primich

     I got the incredibly sad news of Gary's passing from a buddy in South Bend Indiana yesterday. It took a little while for it to really sink in. Even now I can still see Gary's warm smile, and hear his distinctive laugh. Gary was a friend and inspiration to me, as he was to so many of us. I believe he was from Northern Indiana, and attended IU, Bloomington (though according to Gary most of that time was spent in his room wearing out his Big and Little Walter records). At his gigs I often remember him dashing from the stage to the nearest TV whenever an IU basketball game was on. He was a student of the blues masters, and a master in his own rite. His style was easily recognizable. Yes he could quote the best of the older players, but he also definitely did his own thing too!. I guess the one solace for all of us is that his memory and music will always live on through some wonderful recordings he left us with. My deepest condolences to his family and many friends,
                            Allen