place.
Cheers,
RD

>>> "Dave Payne Sr." <payneoutdoors@xxxxxxxxx> 25/09/2007 4:27 >>>

From: "Rick Dempster"
Subject: [Harp-L] Gwen Foster

Dear Reeders,
I know this probably has limited appeal on this
list, and I know I've been pushing the same cart for years, but here
is
yet another shameless promotion for the great Gwen Foster,

  Gwen Foster ought to be required listening for anyone playing harp.
He's a good example of what blues harmonica was before the Chicago sound
came along. Most of the blues I've heard pre 1940 has been straight harp
and Gwen Foster is the master of those high-harp blow bends. I'm not
sure that I ever heard him play cross harp.

  Dave

Dave Payne Sr.
Harmonicas and music lessons
P.O. Box 3822