Re: [Harp-L] Re: kickin' it up a notch

I've done the same thing with a Senheiser 604 which is a dynamic drum mic. It gives me a lot of gain before feedback straight into the PA or into an amp. I love having the best of both worlds, playing into my vocal mic or into the amp...........................Dane Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>; <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:57 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: kickin' it up a notch

The crowd will always hear you when you play through the PA.
RD

"steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx> 24/09/2007 15:15 >>>

Just weighing in on this a little. I have begun playing with a local
guy who has been playing solo around here. I'm plugged right into the PA
with an old Shure PE56D mic, which seems to work well with his PA.
Last weekend, we played at a big benefit fundraising thing and I just
had the sound man set the volume and let me control it from there by
playing either more softly, or closer to the mic, etc.
It worked pretty good, I think. Lots of good comments anyway. Funny,
I have all this stuff.. amps and mics and Harp Commander etc. but just
plugging right into the PA seems easier and works fine. Maybe we all get
a little too excited about equipment sometimes?
Steve Webb
still a fool for the harp in Minnesota