Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: A Duet you might not expect..

All i can say is Wow!  talk about the best of both worlds shit that was increadible.  I thought james was gonna cry when the big man sang (i almost did)  just goes to show good music comes in many forms and styles.  RIP both of them.

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:  No harp content....but two giants in their own genres passed recently, and
astonishing to see them sing together on: "It's a Man's World". At least
James Brown is singing it....I don't know what the English translation is for
the Italian lyrics by his dueting partner ;) ..but it doesn't matter, still
wonderful.

James Brown and Pavarotti (yup) together:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCIyzNISw1Q_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCIyzNISw1Q)

Who'd a thunk: Blues/funk/soul and Classical/opera together on one
stage...coming together with an orchestral backing to sound this good.

Elizabeth