Re: [Harp-L] Hering 5148

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:04:45 -0400
From: "MARVIN Fleischman" <m0flei01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Hering 5148
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

>I recently had the slide mechanism on my Hering 5148 repaired. However,
>when I leave it sit for a few days and even while I am playing, the slide
>sticks and sometimes is stuck. If I loosen the screw, I can get the slide
>to move when I push it in. But then it stays stuck in the pushed in
>position, and again I have to loosen the screw. Is there a remedy for
>this situation.
>
>Marvin Fleischman

Hi Marvin,
  If you had a spare slide on hand, it'd be very easy to check whether
the slide is the problem or not.  However...
* Good advice has been given about slide maintenance and cleaning
* It is possible both mouthpiece screws are too tight, so loosening
both of them slightly may fix the problem.  But not so much that
you're getting unneccesary leakage.
* Assuming the above has been done, if it's still sticking, and/or
requires both mouthpiece screws to be loose enough to create too much
air leakage, then there must be a buckle or bend in the slide itself.

You can purchase replacement Hering slides from HarpOnline.de
-- G.