[Harp-L] Re: Ghost Notes

Robert Venable wrote:

. . .regarding a descending ghost note :-  play a blow 6 or 7, vocalise/hum  the
note at the same time, and then slide your hum up a third or fifth, there
appears a descending ghost harmonica note. Dont know if any of that makes
sense- try it
Rob V

Now that's just FREAKY!  I tried it and had a little trouble vocalizing the blow 6 in the same
register so I just hummed it an octave lower but the trick worked just the same.  As your hum goes
up in pitch, the ghost note goes down in pitch and vice-versa like a musical mirror.  Timbre-wise
the ghost note sounds like a mix of harmonica and voice.

Does anyone use this trick in a musical context?