Re: [Harp-L] Holmes Harp Commander lll

I have a Harp Commander 1 and a Harp Commander 3. I love them both but
mostyl use the HC3 now that I have one. Others on the list use them for live
gigs but I use mine to save me from having to lug my amp to practice. I
leave the HC3 plugged into the board at practice so all I have to do is
bring my mic (a black CR element in a JT30 shell) and I'm good to go. The
reason I bought the HC3 is the built in effects loop. I am not satisfied
with with the PA board's built in effects and the HC3 allows me to run a
BOss DM2 into the line before the board with what I consider excellent
results. I would totally recomend anything Ron sells as far as quality is
concerned.
I would use the HC1 or HC3 set up live in a pinch and be happy with it (and
I have on occasion), but I use a Sonny Jr 410 whenever I can because nothing
beats that sound, in my opinion.

If you have control over the board when playing live, or a regular sound
man, the HCs are a good solution. At an open stage or any situation where
you are required to hurry up to get your self ready to play or deal with an
unknown sound man is a situation I would avoid.

My opinion: Any Harp Commander model is an excellent piece of gear.