From: BassHarp <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, Harp Talk - Coast to Coast Music <harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: SPAH Convention
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 23:44:16 -0400

Lorraine and I had a wonderful time at SPAH two weeks ago, as it afforded us the very unusual experience of simply relaxing throughout the convention. We were able to spend quality time with many of our friends, and meet new, without the grueling schedule of working in the SPAH Store (for her), and of playing constantly (for me), among our other duties of past conventions going back to 1973!

Your concern for my health was very much appreciated. While I could have played on stage with many friends, I was not required to do so. This then allowed us to focus on the shows and offerings of many artists and friends whom we had been longing to see for many months/years.

Also of course, I have received many, many notes of encouragement on the internet as well as via mail, phone calls from such friends as Tom Ball, Madcat Ruth, Tommy Morgan (the list is endless), regarding my on-stage dissected aortal aneurysm in Toronto on August 28, 2006. I am so fortunate to have survived this event, as many others were not, but also to have the faith and encouragement of so many dear friends.

However, the good news now is that my playing has been back to normal since December of 2006, and I?m looking forward to becoming established in another situation as bassist - not limited to trio format, but possibly also as a recording and studio musician.

So - a huge ?thanks? to everyone, and I send my regards to all.

Danny

--
BassHarp