Re: [Harp-L] RE: Zoom H2

Hi,
As for the absence of the XLRs, I don't mind because I wouldn't use them anyway but if you have good studio mics and wanted to use them with something like this, I'd get the H4 (or something even bigger, since the mics will take up some space). I just like the idea of a compact, all-in-one unit with good sound and not too complicated, with multiple pickup patterns, for capturing some of my live stuff, and practice use. This seems to do that just fine, but I'll know better after the weekend. As for size, I probably won't get a pic tonight but it's 4.25 by 2.25 by 1" thick, so a little bigger than a pack of cigarettes, if that helps.
Besides missing the xlrs/quarter inch combo jacks (it does have a stereo mini jack) , the H2 also is missing onboard effects, doesn't do 4 tracks, and doesn't come with cubase software like the H4 (I've used this with Audacity freeware already tonight, and switched to using the H2 mics with a USB direct to my mac, worked well also but I need to get the levels right). I'll continue to play with it over the next few days. I recommend reading glasses due to the small size of the display, for old guys like me anyway.