Re: [Harp-L] SPAH Thoughts.....

On Sep 1, 2007, at 12:57 PM, Warren Bee wrote:

Well it has been a busy week since Ol' Milwaukee. It seems that many others
that attended have also been busy or have just elected to not share their
thoughts.

In my case, it has NOT been a busy 2 weeks. I am totally exhausted and am going through withdrawl. The recent buzz on harp-l, slidemeister, and off-list on my videos has me TOTALLY shocked, humbled and embarrassed. Usually not one to be short of words, I am speechless, and so have remained quiet. Only a Warren Bee could draw me out of the woodwork.

I know a few have and I really love reading other folks
perspectives, likes, dislikes etc. after an event that I have attended. I
also know that for folks that didn't attend it can old real fast.

Yes, it CAN get old really fast, and another reason for abstaining, but I have to thank a few people.

The last thing I want to do is make "you shoulda been there" posts. I understand that
many just don't have the resources or the time to hit a lot of the festivals
/ conventions.

This year I will keep it brief. I will also not mention any names of
attendees. I dread the thought of hurting anybodies feelings. Let's just say
I love 'em all!

Hurting people's feeling is not high on my list of entertainment value, and so I will only say that there are about 2 dozen standouts that I want to thank and you know who you are. There are about 75-80 others who conspired to make THIS the best convention out of the 13 that I have gone to over the last 16 years.

I DO have a few people whom I HAVE to mention:

1... 'The Amazing Randy' (Singer) for sharing his stage with widdle ole me. I won't forget this.
2... Saxy Michael Eloquent Peloquin for offering the very same....twice
3... Tall Paul Davies for, after 11 years of attending conventions, and a personal tragedy, he 'finally' got me up on stage at spah 2002 Columbus. I was so nervous, I got sick, and almost didn't go on.
4... Bobbie Giordano who kept saying "You're better than these guys...get UP there".
5... Elizabeth for making me a *star* (sic)

4) The "sandbox" was wonderful this year. Diatonics, Chromatics, Chords &
Basses all getting along just fine.

I noticed that too. Gone were the: 'The bluesers are taking over' wisecracks. This always has hurt my heart, because the attitude of most of the attendees is a very positive attitude and I guess some of 'those' people were absent this year, because I found a seamless, flawless melding.

I saw minimal attitude problems.

Me neither, AND this hotel was THE most acomodating of any I have been to. NO, NONE, NADA, NYET harassment of any kind.

Thanks again to the SPAH folks and the Milwaukee club for all of your hard
work.

I second that emotion. Time to shut up now..... smokey-joe

Peace, love and happy harpin'

WBee