[Harp-L] Re : Tollak Ollestad on PBS concert special

Winslow sez :

" Was helping my wife correct papers in front of the TV last night and on comes an Andrea Bocelli concert taped outdoors at Lake Las Vegas (such a place exists?). Bocelli is the blind Italian quasi-operatic tenor who became something of a pop sensation a few years back. Anyway, he's holding forth on various tuneful songs with piano, acoustic guitar, percussion, and a full string section when all of a sudden there's a chromatic harmonica player taking a solo. Sorta Toots-ish, sorta Stevie-ish. The tune ends and Bocelli introduces Tollak Ollestad.

Winslow "

Hurricane sez :

Yep that PBS special has been on TV here in southern California  most of September & October for the " fund " raiser they hold every year at this time . Tollak Ollestad is realy superb I really enjoyed his stuff . Every week end Bocelli's special comes on and I would watch it if I knew he was playing , just can't get enough chromatic harmonica it seems to me :)

What I have seen and listened to of chromatic players these days realy pleases me , especially the guys from Brazil !

Sincerely :

Hurricane
Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx