Re: [Harp-L] Volume Challenges

Damn! I fell for that - had my credit card out and all!
RD

>>> <IcemanLE@xxxxxxx> 30/10/2007 1:49 >>>
Warren's comments are excellent.

When pushed into situations as described by him in an electric format,
walking away rather than being forced to play from a position of weakness  and
compromise is the wise choice. However, the compulsion of "I just gotta  play"
sometimes overrides this advice, creating a loop once again of releasing  the
"gotta play" pressure by playing in crappy situations, but ending up with
regrets and a lot of blown out harmonicas.

Myself, I've joined a Monday night jam session, plugged in, got my sound
right, and when the musicians start jamming, the volume hits critical mass and
there is no groove created. I'll just shrug my shoulders and start  unplugging,
leaving the stage in the middle of the first song.

Those that learn to run away may live to fight another day.

Join the "LOWER THE STAGE VOLUME" movement today. Get your t-shirts and
buttons at _www.stopplayingmusiclikeaninsaneegotisticalcrazyperson.com_
(http://www.stopplayingmusiclikeaninsaneegotisticalcrazyperson.com)

The Iceman