[Harp-L] Hissy fits and City Limits

Elizabeth writes:

"Jason no longer posts here for reasons I won't go into. Suffice it to say
that many of us are fully aware what lay behind us no longer being privy to
the wealth of practical information he used to provide on harp-l, "

He had a hissy fit and left. I've done it myself. It's no big deal, easily seen in the archives but the way you write about all of this makes it seem as if he was chased off the list with torches and pitchforks.

In a more harmonica related vein, "Austin City Limits" had an excellent tribute to Jimmy Reed which aired this weekend on PBS. It seemed to be organized by Jimmy Vaughan, and featured both James Cotton and Kim Wilson on harmonica. Cotton might not be in great health, but he can still play. He has such a deep, almost guttural tone and simply plays the right thing at the right time, a master. Wilson was his usual amazing self--just in absolute control over everything he wants to say with the instrument. And while his tone isn't as mud-thick as Cotton's, it's both more changeable with the situation and always a joy to hear.

I did find it interesting that when Wilson played "acoustically" (ie, not cupping a mic) he used two mics, one for his vocals and another for his harp. I guess he wanted the desk settings a bit different for each.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'