Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Blocking_Volume and Bend Control

Tony, Just like it takes a while to get a good tone when lip pursing it takes time for that tongue blocked tone to materialize. I know when my instructor switched it took him about a year to get his tongue blocked tone the way he wanted it. Most of the really good tongue blockers, Rick Estrin, Joe Filisko, etc... tongue block blow bend on the upper register. I can do it on the low harps up to the Bb but when it gets to the D, Eb, and F I'm still working on it even after a year. Hang in there it'll come after some wood shedding.

Jon

Jon Harl: Seydel Dealer/Customizer 5731 Meridian Ave San Jose, CA 95118 408/267-3933 888/473-9335 e-mail: jharl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web site: www.customseydels.com