Re: [Harp-L] Re: How much do you need to hear yourself while gigging?

> Anyhow, here's my own solution that works very well for me; first, I use two amplifiers (Kalamazoo II) that are very resistant to feedback (with au7's almost zero feedback at any volume-level, even with my hot, hot 1952 black-label green bullet), I loop them together and mic one of them to the PA - I keep both amps right behind me, one up on a chair facing directly at myself, and the other the facing the audience.

I think you hit the nail on the head -- the most important piece of equipment is a chair. I've seen a lot of players (guitar and harp) put their amp on the floor. It has to be turned up too loud if the speaker is not pointed at you, and even then it's hard to hear. I used to play guitar in a band and always had the amp on a chair.

Tom