Re: [Harp-L] How much do you need to hear yourself while gigging?

Hey Chris,  great question and a topic that has been tossed around a few
times but never  gets completely answered in my opinion.

        I've been at it for a long  time. Started on harp in 73 I think it
was. Back then I didn't get to use much  of a monitor because for one the
technology wasn't advanced very far along  those lines unless the band had big bucks
and could mix the monitors with a  separate board. Everybody had to be in
complete control of their  volume too. That was pretty hard to do when the set
list had Sabbath and Grand  Funk on it along with Mister Skin by Spirit (man I
loved putting a  harp lead in where the sax part was) and other stuff. (quit
rambling  Randy) O yea where was I? What I did was put in one ear plug so that I
could  hear myself better. The ear plug seemed to make the music I was
playing  reverberate in my head to where I could hear it. I got the idea from
watching  that dude in (what was that brother band that did Lonely Days and Gotta
Get a  Message To You?) Anyway, he always put a finger in his ear, or blocked it
off  with his hand to hear his harmony's better. I tried it and it worked for
 harp too.

       Just a quick idea I thought I'd  throw out there, I hope it works for
you like it did for me.

                  Randy
               BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 10/28/2007 7:40:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,