Re: [Harp-L] Help with rattling sound on 8 draw

It's hard to tell you what the problem is without seeing how the reed sits or hearing the quality of the plinking. I can tell you if it sounds somewhat dead compared to a good plying hole then the reed is touching. I know you can't see the touch but it may be so very small that it doesn't appear to the naked eye. A good place for more info is Harmonica Sessions the articles called Monster Harmonica Workbench by Kinya Pollard. I'd go through the archives and see if he has something that could help.

Jon

Jon Harl: Seydel Dealer/Customizer 5731 Meridian Ave San Jose, CA 95118 408/267-3933 888/473-9335 e-mail: jharl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx web site: www.customseydels.com