[Harp-L] Subject: Re: JR&NB in St. Louis!

Jonathan writes (snipped):

"Okay, on a far more serious note...Jason Ricci & New Blood live at  BB's in
St. Louis tomorrow night at 9:30p.  A mere $5 gets you in the door  to hear
and see Jason Ricci & NB play.  If you're in the St. Louis  area, how can you
miss this performance?  I know of three others from
the-local-St.-Louis-harp-group-that-isn't-GHC that will be there.  Anyone  else in harp-l land planning
to go?  (Replies probably more appropriate  off-list, but I'm not very good at
determining what is and isn't appropriate for  this group.)

9:30p seems like a late start time, especially for a  Wednesday night.  How
long is his usual set?

Jonathan "seriously  stoked" Compton"

Okay....here in NY at Terra Blues, he usually has a 10p.m. start ...on a
Thursday night...and I'm afraid it goes till 2a.m.  Yes, I know....but,  trust
me...you'll be so wired afterwards it won't matter; you won't care, you  won't
need sleep because you'll still be talking (raving) about what you just
witnessed and you won't get much if any sleep anyway since you'll be  wanting to
play the CD   :) So you'll go to work on adrenaline the  next day. <G>

Now that that's out of the way  .....I really do understand WHY you're  so
stoked.  It's just how he affects people.  I get the biggest kick  out of
watching the faces of those experiencing a JR & NB show for the first  time.  Wish I
could be there.  Please say hi to Jason from me.

I mean it...Jason EXPECTS Harp-L'rs to go up to introduce themselves and  say
hello. Do NOT be shy!  He'll be thrilled you came out for his  show.  If he
and/or the band disappears "offstage" after a song - or during  a break, it's
him going off for a quick ciggie...and no, we haven't been able to  get him to
quit, yet his voice seems to be getting stronger regardless,  and his
brilliant harp playing even better (if that's humanly possible)  each time I see him.

   The new CD might be available at this show...if you have  a chance to get
a copy...grab it.  I've been playing mine...it nearly does  the band justice,
is a terrific album, though nothing will ever beat seeing him  and New Blood
in live performance.  Have a great time!  And if you  have a video camera (or a
friend who'll tape for you so you can enjoy the  show)...Jason is fine with
videotaping.  Take photos.  You won't  regret it.

You're also going to get to see and hear the incomparable Shawn  Starsky on
guitar.  You will be blown away.  Thoughts of Stevie Ray  Vaughan will pop into
your head (trust me)... ;)  Todd Edmunds (Buckweed)  who is just a revelation
on Bass guitar...and Ron Sutton on drums.  The  band is so tight, they do
Jason proud.

 I expect there will be a rave review here day after tomorrow  ;)

Elizabeth