[Harp-L] On a boat with Magic, Lee, Rod, Curtis, Taj, etc etc.

Imagine yourself on a boat for a week with Magic Dick, Lee Oskar, Rod Piazza, Curtis Salgado, Taj Mahal, and they're all playing and having tons of fun.

Now add their bands (OK, J. Geils wasn't there, but Magic Dick sure as hell was!) along with Elvin Bishop, Bobby Rush, Tommy Castro, Marcia Ball, Joe Louis Walker, Earl Thomas, Bernard Allison, Sista Monica, Eric Lindell, Chick Rogers, Chico Banks, etc etc. (so many other greats!), and their full bands including some of the best players in the biz, again, all having a great time with their friends and fellow musicians.  For seven full days of fun.

THAT was the Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise October 13-20 out of San Diego, which I (and a few others of you!) attended.  Along with about 1300 other blues fans, with music on 5 stages, some almost continuously through the day and night with top-flight equipment and sound crews.  And jams jams jam, on top of the performances.

Really amazing. I think more musical genius in one place than has ever amassed before.

It defies superlatives.

I gotta go get some more sleep, since I didn't hardly sleep on the boat.  Next ones in '08 are January in Florida and October in San Diego.    Go to http://www.bluescruise.com/bluescruise.html

Oh, and good food, free room service, fine people, fun dancing, beautiful weather, and the BEST PARTY AND MUSICAL EVENT YOU WILL EVER ATTEND!

So come on, get on the dam boat!  You will thank me, I promise you.

-Dave Fertig