[Harp-L] Re: Rupert Oysler

"Finally I´d also like to recommend Rupert Oysler´s dvd on harp repair and customization. "

  I'd recommend that one as well. Rupert is a helluva guy. That video is great. So much of this stuff is learned by trial and error, or trying to apply stuff that you read to action, and that video takes out a lot of the trouble of learning these things. You can watch it on a couple different levels, video 1 is what the average player should know mostly, video 2, you're customizing your stuff.
  If it wasn't for Rupert's advice, both personally and through his video, I never would have started customizing.
  What I like about Rupert's video is he doesn't say, hey, you need to buy tool x, tool y, etc., he says hey, you gotta some scrap brass around you can make tool x like this, you got an automotive feeler gauge shim laying around, you can make tools y and z. IT's really all down to earth and a great video.
  Unfortunately, Rupert isn't taking orders for custom stuff at the moment. He is Seydel USA and he's working pretty hard to get Seydel running with the big boys in the U.S.  They couldn't have picked a better man for the job.