[Harp-L] Re:Kinder and AF

My point truly was about amp guys, is that in 1998, The Harpking and my
Sonny Jr 2 with the 6 x 8 were the two biggest sellers out there, John nailed a
way for anti feedback in his circuit, and we both had our amps set up at Dave
Barrett's Masterclass all day for guys to A/B. There was an 8 year old
Japanese  phenom, Tako I believe his name was, great tone, phrasing and the whole
package.
    Later that day, I asked John and his then wife to  the hotel restaurant
for dinner, and you cannot find a nicer guy than John  Kinder of Harpking. Of
course in my mind leading up to this, with us both  having large wattage amps,
I felt John as competition, like the "other  side". Nothing could be farther
than the truth, we were able to sit and have a  wonderful conversation, I was
happy to pick up the tab, he offered any help I  might need in my work, but we
forged a bond and relationship that when we spoke  yesterday for the first
time since 1998, he remembered fondly. Looking into  someone's eyes can tell a
lot about someone, and John is just a great guy who I  am happy to call my
friend, we both talked about this last night, we do consider  each other friends,
forget the sales, no harsh words when his amp is brought up  in conversation, I
am glad to have met someone with as much knowledge as John.  Our approaches
to the way we design our amps is totally different, but once I  get my pedal I
will give you my honest scoop. So far, many of my 410 owners have  had no
problem with being heard in festivals just being miked into the PA  against a loud
band. But I always like to push the envelope. I am glad to be  called your
friend John, same goes for Scott of Meteor, someone else in this  business that
has given his time and energy to help me out. Doesn't matter that  I pay fast
and up front if needed, money is not the bottom line. Just proud to  have
these guys in my corner, and let's not forget Brian Purdy, a once owner of  my SJ1
many years ago and now offers to help. There are many others, but I have
gone on long enough. Thank you for reading. Any comments please shoot me
privately or on the board, I do not want any wars with DJL, their mod just did  not
work for me personally, I am sure it will work for tons of you guys, in  theory
it is a good mod. Lastly, I will be having the honor to be part of David
Barrett's video production he is doing, I should be flying out to Calif the end
of November this year, doing some playing, but mostly a long interview of my
experiences with Sonny. Be well everyone, hope to see you at Black Eyed's on
the  26th, I will be mostly sitting in but will have the cruncher, this is
probably  your chance to hear it.
Sonny Jr