Re: [Harp-L] Small amps and gigs

I just picked up a used Double Trouble.  It's a really
nice little amp and I had no problem being heard the
first time I took it out.  The tone is excellent and
it was pretty resistant to feedback.

Prior to buying this amp, I had been using a Fender
Pro Jr w/ a Weber 10A125-O speaker and a 12AY7 in the
preamp socket.  I liked this amp, but I was looking
for something a little bit louder.  The smaller
cabinet seemed to cause it to feedback a bit early.

My alternate plan was to buy a used Allen Sweet Spot
or assemble one as a kit.  (It's modified Princeton
Reverb circuit.)

I chose not to buy a Princeton mostly due to it's age
and I couldn't find one at a reasonsble price.  By the
time, I finished replacing stuff, I thought the Sweet
Spot or the Double Trouble would be a reasonable
alternative and all the hardware would be new.

Mark wrote:

>When it comes to moderate volume gigs, I've decided
>that my Texas Crude harp amp is too big, and my Kazoo

>model 2 is too small, so I'm in the market for
another