From: "Robert Ross" <robertaross@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:48 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Medium Harp Amps

> I'd like to put my vote in for Fat Dog Amps by Rob Robinson. This is one
of the greatest harp amps for the money in my estimation. Rob believes in
building a great sounding harp amp that regular harp players can afford.
This is my small/medium harp amp nirvana. Rob sells them in several
variation, and they generally cost around $900 with your choice of speakers.
Mine came with one 12 and two 8's, all 3 different Webers. I also got an
extra baffle for four 10s in case I want to go in that direction some day.

> Last month I went to the South Florida Blues Society Harmonica Blow Out. A
friend of mine was setting up his old, very funky Fender Bassman for all the
harp players to use on stage...but it was dead. Panic started to set in, so
I offered my FatDog which was still in my car's trunk from the last time I
used it. Of course, the FatDog is only about 30 watts, so we mic'd it to the
PA. Everyone was a little nervous about this substitution at first - and
calls went out looking for someone in the Society to bring his Sonny Jr. (he
never showed up). However, once they started playing on the FatDog, harp
players kept coming up to me all day  asking me about this amp they never
heard of and complimenting me on the incredible sound. I think this kind of
situation, with 15 of the the top harp players in South Florida blowing
their hearts out all day long with every kind of mic, delay pedal and
whatnot, is truly the acid test for an amp - and my FatDog passed with
>  flying colors! Talk about validation! No, I was not one of the top 15 (or
top anything I am afraid) -- but I do have one of the top custom harp amps
around  :-)

> In answer to another question - Rob is also working on a new product which
is coming out soon (a special cable design I think), specially designed for
harp players to hook up multiple amps together. I forget what he is calling
it, but it will be on his website soon. Rob's website has been down for a
few weeks, which he said would happen awhile ago, but should be back up soon
(www.FatDogAmps.com). However, you can email him at rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx