Re: [Harp-L] Comparison Lone Wolf / Danecho / Boss DM2 delay pedals (kinda long post)

There is an alternative that allows you more control over the color of the tone of your effects pedals.?Split and run?a dry signal into channel 1 and the effects signal into channel 2 of a small mixer with the output to your amp. (Behringer makes some good quality inexpensive mixers - you only need a tiny one, perhaps 4 channels with minimal tone control on each). Now you have tone control over the effects only as well. Mix and color as you go. This is something I'm doing with the PA system and effects send on a larger Mackie - instead of returning the effects signal to the effects return, I shoot it over to an unused input channel and mix it into the sound as if it was an additional instrument. In a way, effects should be considered as an additional instrument.

The Iceman

-----Original Message-----
From: David Brown <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx>

 I guess I would say that the
pedals "color" the delay sound differently. The Lone Wolf & Danecho have
slightly more of a "cut", while the Boss is slightly more "creamy". All
three are strong and, in my opinion, really great for harp. I noticed very
very little, if any, tone loss with any of the pedals and would say
that only obsessive gear heads (like me) would notice it at all.