[Harp-L] [Fwd: RE: Festival Updates?]

Special 20 wrote:

"I recently moved to Denver and saw a notice in the local paper about
a meeting of the Mile High Harmonica Club on the second Sunday of each month at Swallow Hill. So I grabbed by harp case and drove across town to attend the meeting. But the person at the Swallow Hill said the meeting had not been there in "a long time." I checked the MHHC
website and it still lists Swallow Hill as its meeting venue.
I emailed the club and have not heard back.

I know the club hosted the SPAH convention in Denver just last year, so it seems impossible the club would be defunct. Does anybody know anything about this club, or other harmonica clubs in Denver?

Thanks.

-Spec20"

To which I offer the following correspondence between myself and Roger Bale, trying to learn more about the local festival which had been on the giglist for many months, but I had been overlooked in updates regarding its cancellation!

If you check their local website, you will note that it too is outdated by well over a year.

Mile High Harmonica Club (Denver)
6470 S. Windermere St.
Littleton, CO  80120
Ken Moyer, President, 303 794-9551
aerofirewp@xxxxxxxxx
http://members.aol.com/mhhclub

Former SPAH Pres Paul Davies is also an officer - contact him at:
paul.davies@xxxxxxxxxxx

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: RE: Festival Updates? Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:32:41 -0600 From: Roger Bale <rgbale@xxxxxxx> To: 'BassHarp' <bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> References: <470CFAE8.5090306@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The Mile High Harmonica club decided not to host the
festival for 2007.  So far the club has not made a
decision about whether to have the festival in 2008.
Our club lost its meeting place recently, and we have
been scrambling to get that situation taken care of.
It will be necessary to contract with a hotel before
the end of the year if we are going to resume in 2008.
I'll let you know when that decision is made.

Roger

-----Original Message----- From: BassHarp [mailto:bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:17 AM To: rgbale@xxxxxxx Subject: Festival Updates?

Hi Roger,

I've had no further updates from you on the festival - anything to add?
This is how it is shown on the Harpers' International Giglist, as
requested by you some months ago, and it is about upon us. No details as
to location, lodging facilities, etc.

Best,
Danny

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HARMONICA FESTIVAL
October 11-13, 2007
Denver, CO

Three full days of activities including
Seminars, Open Stage, Jam Sessions, Harp Depot
Shows all 3 nights

Contact:
Roger Bale
303-973-5418
Email: rgbale@xxxxxxx

*************************************** BassHarp PO Box 5061 Hudson, FL 34674-5061 http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm http://www.bassharp.com/tom-tony.htm http://www.bassharp.com/bassharp.htm http://www.bassharp.com/peteaward2007.htm Available for pro trio and studio recording sessions ***************************************