[Harp-L] Updates to Richard Hunter RP200 patch set

A number of the people on these lists have ordered the patch sets I developed for the Digitech RP200 amp modeler. I'm writing to announce an important update to the set.

At Jon Gindick's recent Harmonica Jam Camp in Natick, Massachusetts, I had the opportunity to tweak the settings in the RP200 while Dennis Gruenling played his Green Bullet mic into the unit. I was also able to compare the RP's sound with Dennis's tone through a Fender Champ. The result is a Tweed amp patch for the RP200 that sounds absolutely authentic with a Green Bullet mic. I am certain that most listeners would find it impossible in a blind test to identify whether the sound of this patch was coming from an RP, or from a real amp.

This patch (named the "Twd-DG" in Dennis's honor) is now incorporated into my standard RP200 patch set. I have decided to make this update available to current owners of the patch set without charge.

For those who don't already own the patch set--which is mainly set up for use with an Audix Fireball V mic--I have raised the price of the set with the new Green Bullet patch to $20. Contact me offlist if you're interested.

Please note: THESE PATCHES ARE DESIGNED FOR USE WITH THE DIGITECH RP200. The patches WILL NOT work with the RP150, RP250, or RP350, PERIOD. The patches will work, with some adjustments, on the Digitech RP100 and RP300.

Given that RP200s are still available in new condition from online retailers like Musicians Friend and American Musical Supply for under $100, the combination of an RP200 and my patch set is a very, very good deal for anyone who wants a very portable rig that sets up in less than 5 minutes. Plug in the power, plug in your mic, and run a 1/4" cable to your PA. Done. The device is about the size and weight of a hardcover book.

It's hard to get much easier or less expensive than that, and it really does sound great.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
harmonica blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp
Latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter