Re: [Harp-L] Small amps and gigs

In a message dated 10/15/2007 1:52:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I agree.  I have tried this. It's up to the drummer in that his volume is
what  typically sets the level when trying to keep things manageable at  lower
volumes. If he/she has a jazz sensibility with regards to volume it  should
be OK. If he/she has a rock attitude.....good luck  ;-)

Drummer sets the stage volume and can make or break the situation. He'd be
the most important link to get in line with trying the low volume concept.

How do you think the ODBG classic bands used to play? With a wall of
Marshall amps, individual monitors with individual monitor mixes at their feet  and
mic'ing all the drums with a sound man to make sense out of this  confusion?

No. They played at a low volume and had the attitude to play at a low  volume
without compromising the room shaking groove that could be created. This  is
where the true fat tone lives - for guitar and harmonica - low volume.

The Iceman